Volunteer Position - Special Education Teachers
Do you have a passion for teaching children with special needs? Do you want to use your skills as a Special Education Teacher to help transform the lives of disabled orphans in China?
All over China, thousands of infants and children with disabilities are abandoned each year by their families. These children don’t get access to even the most basic education that children in western nations routinely receive. You can change these children’s lives.
Using your skills as a special educator, you can have in impact on many of these children. By volunteering with International China Concern (ICC) in China, you will be bringing love, hope and opportunity to China’s abandoned and disabled.
You can serve for three months or stay longer. Volunteers with ICC are self-funded with financial assistance available for commitments of two years or more.
Special Educators with ICC provide a range of services:
- Working with curriculum contextualised for Chinese culture
- Implementing education strategies that meet the needs of children with a variety of disabilities
- Work within an interdisciplinary health team
- Help to develop and implement individual education plans
- Help disabled children realize their potential and lead full lives
Special Educators with ICC provide training and instruction to the local assistants so that programs can be continued at the end of service period.
To enquire or request a full position description and selection criteria, fill out the form below. Contact us today – it could be your first step into an amazing ministry.